Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA!!

I am so proud to be an American today. While the electoral process and me have had a difficult relationship for years, it was still incredibly evident through the electoral college and the popular vote that America was ready for something different, and that we knew exactly what we wanted.

Regardless of who you believe should have won this election, Barack Obama is going to be our president. It's important to be supportive of him in these trying times.

Last night, I got two incredible opportunities.

First, I got to hang out at a LGBT community event with some friends, and let me tell you- that group? Is so happy. This means so many changes for their community, and all changes for the good!

Second, I went to a friend's house for President Elect Barack Obama's celebratory speech. This friend happens to be Black, as is his roommate. The other girl there was Hispanic. D says, through tears, "I never thought I would live to see this day. I have never been so hopeful". I know that this election was not about race (it definitely wasn't a factor in my vote), but it is still historic, and it is still a huge, huge step forward in our country for tolerance and love for everyone regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, and background.

God Bless America!

No comments: